STACKING SKULL RING
How awesome are these little skull rings? They are made of solid sterling silver with a sterling silver band.
Each skull starts as a melted blob of silver, then hammered into a die so each one is unique!
You can choose from the band styles in the last photo and I will make it in your size. It will take me a couple of days to make your ring.
The skull is one of man's oldest and most powerful symbols. It has a long and varied history of use with multiple overlapping interpretations. Most commonly it is seen as a representation of death and mortality, but it has many other uses including:
- To invoke fear or caution.
- To celebrate the memory of the dead.
- To celebrate life.
- As a symbol of vanity.
- As a symbol of life after death.
- As a symbol of change.
- As a means of obtaining good luck or avoiding bad luck.
- As a symbol of toughness, machismo, courage, bravery or indifference to death and danger.
- As a symbol of nonconformity, free-thinking, and rebelliousness.
- For cute appeal and fashion.
- As pure decoration.
Part of the visual appeal of a skull comes from the fact that it is so easily recognizable. Humans can often recognize the buried fragments of an only partially revealed cranium even when other bones may look like shards of stone. The human brain has a specific region for recognizing faces, and is so attuned to finding them that it can see faces in a few dots and lines.